Contact Us - Bentley Holmes, Independent Financial Advice image


The lender will require a valuation report for their purposes to determine that the property you are buying is firstly worth what you are paying for it and secondly suitable security for them to lend against. The surveyor they will use will be one that is appointed from their panel and often may even be an in house staff surveyor. It is important to understand that the basic valuation report carried out is for the lenders purposes not yours.

If you want a more detailed survey you can request the same surveyor to provide either a homebuyers report or a structural survey (for houses only).

It is usually cheaper to commission the lenders surveyor to carry out the report at the same time as the basic valuation, but often we find our clients want an Independent Firm to be commissioned.

If you do not have an Independent Surveyor please contact us and we can help recommend a firm in your local area.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

FCA does not regulate Surveyors.

For mortgage advice we can be paid by commission from the lender or we can charge a fee of typically 0.5% of the loan amount.

Mortgages, Bentley Holmes, Independent Financial AdviceMortgages, Bentley Holmes, Independent Financial Advice